Monday, June 25, 2012

Julia and the Quest for the Tier 4 Student Visa: part 2

Things I have in common with people charged and not yet tried of being ax murderers:

1. We both like chocolate. Everyone likes chocolate. Even people charged with being ax murderers.
2. We both spend a lot of time on the internet. The internet is full of ax murderers, right?
3. There was that one famous ax murderer from New Orleans. He was never tried, though. Neither was he charged and not yet tried. I still say it counts.

Things I don't have in common with people charged and not yet tried of being ax murderers

1. I am not awaiting trial for murdering someone with an ax.
2. I have never murdered anyone with an ax or with anything else, for that matter.
3. I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK YES TO THIS, A QUESTION ASKED IN ANGRY CAPS LOCK:
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CHARGED IN ANY COUNTRY WITH A CRIMINAL OFFENCE FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TRIED IN THE COURT (INCLUDING TRAFFIC OFFENCES)?
 Yes!

This morning my mom and I woke up incredibly early, at, like, eight and drove to the small town where I got my speeding ticket. Traffic court wasn't in session, so we went to the D.A. office and the lovely, lovely, D.A. man changed my ticket to a non-moving violation. This means that the ticket's price got reduced by about $30, it won't appear on my insurance, and, most importantly, I no longer have a court date. I am awaiting no trial. Me and people charged, but not yet tried, with being ax murderers have one less thing in common. Oh gosh, that sounds so wrong.


Anyway, all that meant that when I came home this evening, I got to ask my dad for $500 for the visa fee and make my appointment to continue my visa application, which we've scheduled for Thursday at 14:00. 


I probably could've done all this while checking off that horrible little box, but I don't want to take any chances. What's more, I would've had to handle the ticket in August anyway. Now, my gigantic checklist of things to do before I leave has gotten a tiny bit smaller.

regards,

Julia "not an ax murderer" Jorge

No comments:

Post a Comment