Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An abundance of e-mails

What? One day later and I'm already back?

That's because last night I got two e-mails. Two! We're on a roll!

The first was about my Nottingham I.D. card. They sent an URGENT email URGENTLY asking me to send in  a photo for my I.D. So even though they still haven't officially accepted me, I took this one and sent it on in.
Quite possibly the best I.D. photo I've ever taken. 

I know it's a very small thing, but it means I'm one step closer to going abroad. And every step counts.

Plus, I.D.s are the pinnacle of officiality. You're asked for your I.D. for everything from getting into clubs to being allowed to drive to *cough* *cough* travelling abroad. In movies FBI agents flash their I.D.s to prove they're, well, FBI agents.

My Nottingham I.D., along with allowing me to check out books from the library, is going to officially identify me as a Nottingham student, and that is beyond exciting.

The second e-mail came from one of the girls going to Nottingham with me. For the sake of this blog, I'll just call her C. C sent me a slightly frantic e-mail about visas. The visa application looks like it might rival concurrent enrollment in complexity. No, nothing can rival concurrent enrollment, but the visa application looks a little confusing nonetheless.

That, however, has to wait until next month, because if you apply for a visa more than three months before you're departure, it won't process.

I'll be back with more news as soon as I get any.

Regards,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment